How to Properly Maintain and Clean Your Charging Cables for Longevity
At JuicEBitz we can't express how important it is to maintain your products, both ours and your phone. We see so many people purchase low grade inferior products to charge their devices, when their devices cost around £1000 - it is alarming how customers are willing to spend that much on a phone, and then use poor quality products to do the most important thing of charging it.
When you purchase a JuicEBitz Charger Cable you will receive a extremely well built product, made with the best materials we can provide and manufactured in the newest conventional ways, such as sonic (ultrasound) welding of the plastics and the latest liquid injection techniques, plus the best micro-chips and connectors we can offer that stand the test of time.
However, proper maintenance and cleaning of charging cables can help extend their lifespan and ensure reliable charging performance. Here are some tips on how to maintain and clean your charging cables:
Handle with Care: Treat your charging cables gently and avoid unnecessary bending, twisting, or pulling. Excessive strain on the cable can lead to fraying or breakage. When disconnecting the cable, pull it from the plug rather than yanking it by the cable itself.
Store Properly: Avoid tightly coiling or wrapping your charging cables when storing them. Instead, loosely coil them or use cable organizers or Velcro ties to prevent tangles and stress on the cable. Storing cables in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight can also help preserve their condition.
Avoid Extreme Temperatures: Keep your charging cables away from extreme temperatures. Prolonged exposure to high heat or cold can damage the cable's insulation and affect its performance. Do not leave cables in a car during hot summer days or in freezing cold environments.
Regular Inspection: Periodically inspect your charging cables for any signs of damage, such as frayed wires, exposed metal, or bent connectors. If you notice any issues, it's best to replace the cable to avoid potential hazards or charging problems.
- Cleaning: Over time, charging cables can accumulate dust, lint, or dirt, which can affect the charging performance. Follow these steps to clean your charging cables properly, along with the ports to your other devices such as chargers, laptops and the device port itself.
NB: Disconnect the cable from any power source before cleaning.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth or a small brush to gently remove any debris from the cable's connectors and surfaces.
- If there are stubborn stains or residue, you can lightly dampen the cloth with water or use isopropyl alcohol (at least 70% concentration) to clean the affected areas.
- Ensure the cable is completely dry before using it again.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive materials, or excessive moisture, as they can damage the cable's outer coating.
- Replace Damaged Cables; if you notice significant damage, such as exposed wires or loose connections, it's important to replace the cable. Continuing to use a damaged cable can pose safety risks and potentially damage your devices.
- Clean the ports to your devices with a pin or with the end of a sim card removal tool, gently around to remove any build up of contaminants, fibres and dirt inside the port.
By following these maintenance and cleaning practices, you can help prolong the life of your charging cables and maintain their performance over time. Remember to always use high-quality charging cables from reputable manufacturers to ensure optimal charging experiences.
At JuicEBitz we only make such cables, so you can rest assured that every cable you purchase is made of quality components and materials - we also individually check each cable for quality control and attach a unique serial number to one end of the cable. This means that you can rely on us to continue to provide high-quality, high performance items with full traceability should an issue arise. We also offer a minimum of 18 Months Warranty and up to a full Lifetime Warranty on certain products in our catalogue, unlike cheap cables from eBay that rarely offer more than three months warranty.
For more information about warranty on our products, check each listing or refer to our About Us Page for a general overview of each range. We are also here should you need to make a warranty claim by simply calling 01723 332269 Opt.2 Customer Relations.