1. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
JuicEBitz (JuicEBitz Audio Visual Limited), recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. JuicEBitz is committed to reducing its environmental impact and continually improving its environmental performance as an integral part of its business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. JuicEBitz will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
JuicEBitz (2019 position) is responsible for ensuring that this Environmental Policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
3. POLICY AIMS
JuicEBitz will endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
JuicEBitz will endeavour to:
- Minimise the use of paper in the office.
- Reduce packaging as much as possible.
- Seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- Reuse and recycle paper where possible.
4.2. Energy and Water
JuicEBitz will endeavour to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
4.3. Office Supplies
- JuicEBitz will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products JuicEBitz intend to purchase.
- JuicEBitz will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- JuicEBitz will reuse and recycle everything JuicEBitz are able to.
- JuicEBitz will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- JuicEBitz will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- JuicEBitz will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport or bicycles.
- JuicEBitz will favour 'green' vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
4.5 Electrical Equipment
- JuicEBitz will dispose of all waste electrical and electronic equipment according guidelines by the current Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment directives.
- Staff should contact a member of the IT Team or the General Manager to arrange for the safe, secure and WEEE-compliant disposal all such equipment.
- JuicEBitz will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of electrical and electronic waste.
4.6 Maintenance and Cleaning
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- JuicEBitz will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
4.7 Monitoring and Improvement
- JuicEBitz will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- JuicEBitz will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- JuicEBitz will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- JuicEBitz will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- JuicEBitz will increase employee awareness through training.
- JuicEBitz will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- JuicEBitz will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- JuicEBitz will provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- JuicEBitz will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- JuicEBitz will use local labours and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.